At Fujifilm, we are committed to doing our part, at every opportunity, to deliver value through imaging innovation. ASPIRE Cristalle with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT) is built smarter because it is built with insight into image quality, operational excellence, and a better patient experience.
ASPIRE Cristalle with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT) is built to perform smarter because it is built with insight into image quality, operational excellence, and a better patient experience. Here's why:
INSIGHT #1 Mammograms don't work if women won't get them.
The intelligent design of ASPIRE Cristalle's patented Comfort Paddle provides noticeably less pain and anxiety for the patient. With its unique flexible, slotted 4-way tilting paddle design, it provides more even compression, that combined with the Intelligent Automatic Exposure Control (iAEC) image processing, make it possible to provide more optimized images at low dose for every breast type, including implants.
INSIGHT #2 Departments are only as efficient as the technology they use.
Our advanced technology simplifies and speeds workflow so technologists can spend more time focused on patient interactions.
- Smart shortcuts and fewer clicks—set exposure and confirm acquired images on a single screen
- Simultaneously adjust density and contrast for both left and right views
- Minimize patient discomfort with automated compression and release
- Immediately output individual images to PACS, viewer, or printer during exam
- Improve system availability and extend system life with programmable automatic startup, sleep, and shutdown
INSIGHT #3 Hexagons are engineered to perform better than square.
The unique Hexagonal Close Pattern (HCP) detector pixel design on ASPIRE Cristalle outperforms traditional pixel arrays to help enable superior diagnostic accuracy for radiologists.
When compared to square pixels, HCP delivers:
- 20% increase in detector sensitivity
- Improved information capture
- Lower patient dose
INSIGHT #4 You may be ready for tomosynthesis, but your IT infrastructure might not be.
It's critical to think about the bigger picture when introducing DBT to your facility to keep your facility running as efficiently as possible. Our Synapse® Enterprise Imaging portfolio, including Synapse 5 PACS and Synapse VNA, enables secure, easy-to-manage storage and access to the complete patient imaging record throughout the healthcare enterprise, regardless of the technology-generating source, format type, or siloed storage system.
Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT)
Radiologists using ASPIRE Cristalle with DBT will realize valuable, enhanced clinical efficacy compared to using full field digital mammography (FFDM) alone.
- DBT acquires a series of low-dose images at different angles. The acquired images are reconstructed into a series of high-resolution slices displayed individually or dynamically in a cine mode.
- The reconstructed tomographic images make it easier to identify lesions which might otherwise be difficult to visualize in traditional 2D mammogram images because of the presence of overlapping breast structures.
- Superior diagnostic accuracy and superior (lower) recall rates for non-cancer cases are possible with ASPIRE Cristalle's DBT technology.
Hexagonal Close Pattern (HCP) Direct Conversion Technology
- 50-micron image display
- Reduced acquisition time — only 15 seconds
- Hexagonal pixels distribute the electrical field more efficiently than traditional square pixels, to capture stronger signals with less noise
- Resulting images have high DQE and MTF, producing brilliant image quality
- Offers exceptionally sharp images, even at low dose
iAEC plus ISC: Optimized x-ray dose and contrast for each breast type
Fujifilm's proprietary technology makes it possible to lower dose while offering optimized contrast, even in dense breasts and implants.
- Intelligent AEC (iAEC) "factors in" breast composition to calculate the optimal dose and exposure techniques for each examination. iAEC enables more accurate calculation of exposure parameters than is possible with conventional AEC systems.
- iAEC can also greatly speed workflow for exams of implanted breasts by automatically calculating the optimal exposure.
- Fujifilm's Image-based Spectrum Conversion (ISC) technology optimizes contrast in an image, offering the dose advantages of a tungsten target for all exposures and breast types.
Patented Comfort Paddle designed to improve patient comfort during mammograms
The unique Comfort Paddle allows pressure to be more evenly and gently distributed across the breast compared to conventional, flexible paddles.
- Slotted paddle edge allows plate to flex to the contour of the breast
- Bends from center of breast to thinner edges
- Distributes pressure more evenly
- Tilting paddle allows for more gradual and more even compression
- Available in two sizes to accommodate different breast sizes: 18x24cm and 24x30cm
- Available standard on ASPIRE Cristalle, optional on ASPIRE HD Plus
Learn more about the Comfort Paddle and other accessories here.
ASPIRE Cristalle Advances the State of the Art in Digital Mammography
ASPIRE Cristalle, Fujifilm’s third-generation full-field digital mammography (FFDM) system, now delivers optimum image quality at a very low patient dose. A new white paper, Technology Advances in Mammography: Dose Reduction and Image Quality, highlights the recent advances in FFDM technology employed in the ASPIRE Cristalle system.
Download the white paper to learn how:
- ASPIRE Cristalle’s novel Hexagonal Close Pattern detector yields improved sensitivity compared to conventional detectors while reducing patient dose by approximately 20%.
- Adaptive and analytical image processing automatically adjusts to each patient's breast composition.
- A quality-control package consisting of the 1 Shot Phantom M Plus and corresponding QC software facilitates a comprehensive mammography quality-control program.
Download the white paper here.
Video & Images
Hexagonal Close Pattern (HCP) Direct Conversion Technology
Fujifilm works with the following partners to provide additional features for ASPIRE Cristalle, ASPIRE HD Plus and ASPIRE HD.
iCAD is an industry-leading provider of Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) technologies, advanced image analysis, workflow solutions and radiation therapies for the early identification and treatment of common cancers. iCAD offers a comprehensive range of high-performance, upgradeable CAD solutions for mammography and advanced image analysis and workflow solutions for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, for breast and prostate cancers and Computed Tomography for colorectal cancer. iCAD's Xoft System, offers radiation treatment for early-stage breast cancer that can be administered in the form of Intraoperative Radiation Therapy or accelerated partial breast irradiation. The Xoft System is also cleared for the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancer and gynecological cancers.
For more information, call (877) iCADnow, or visit www.icadmed.com.
Volpara Solutions builds innovative, quantitative breast imaging solutions tools built on the Volpara algorithm which enables the generation of volumetric measurements of density, patient specific dose, breast compression and other factors that provide actionable intelligence designed to help maintain accuracy and consistent quality in breast screening.
To date, more than 2 million women have had their volumetric breast density analyzed using VolparaDensity. Cleared by the FDA, HealthCanada, the TGA and CE-marked, VolparaDensity is used by radiologists to objectively assess density from both digital mammography and tomosynthesis images and help evaluate who might benefit from additional screening. Highly correlated to breast MR assessments, VolparaDensity is a reliable tool which automatically generates an objective, automatic measurement of volumetric breast density and a FDA cleared BI-RADS breast density category.
VolparaAnalytics assists in quality assurance by monitoring critical elements of the breast imaging process and generating key metrics to help understand the performance of technologists, readers, and mammography and tomosynthesis machines.
VolparaDose improves the accuracy of mammography dose reporting by using a standard mean glandular dose (MGD) algorithm along with patient-specific volumetric breast density to give a better estimate of the dose absorbed by the specific breast.
For more information, visit www.volparasolutions.com.
FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. will use the information you provide here to put you in contact with a sales representative. FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. will not use your contact information to communicate with you for other purposes without your consent.